“To encourage Students training to become professional Homoeopaths to benefit from membership of SAPH at a reduced price.”
1. Anyone studying homoeopathy at an approved College of Homoeopathy may apply to become a Student member of SAPH.
2. Benefits: Student members may attend SAPH training, SAPH Continuing Professional Development, SAPH talks and lectures at discounted rates. Students are encouraged to seek help or advice from full members of SAPH. If they seek an ongoing supervisory or mentoring relationship with a full member, the latter may suggest and enter a contractual and paid relationship with the student for ongoing supervision or mentoring.
3. Application for Student membership shall be made in the method designated by the SAPH Council from time to time.
4. The SAPH Council has the right to admit or refuse student membership.
5. Termination of Student membership. The Student membership status is a privilege and may be withdrawn if the member is deemed to be bringing SAPH, its Council, its members or homoeopathy in general or in Scotland into disrepute.
6. If SAPH Student membership is refused or terminated, the Council is not obliged to give reasons for its decision.
7. Joining fee: the full annual subscription shall be the joining fee, no matter at what point in the year the application is made, and it must be received before the application will be considered. If accepted, no further annual subscription as a Student member will be payable for that year.
8. The annual subscription for Student members of SAPH shall decided by the Council annually and approved by the members in AGM.
9. Annual Student membership subscriptions shall be payable within 2 months of the beginning of the SAPH subscription year or on application if later. If unpaid, privileges as a Student shall be withdrawn until paid, and there shall be no reduction in the amount due on account of late payment.
10. There shall be no return of a Student’s joining fee or subscription once paid.
11. No use of designatory letters: Student membrs may not use letters after their names designating any form of professional membership of SAPH.
12. Student members neither have nor may they claim any professional or voting rights of SAPH membership.
13. Being accepted as a Student member of SAPH denotes no confirmation or approval by the SAPH Council of that individual’s ability to practise homoeopathy.
14. Attending Council and AGMs. Student members of SAPH may attend Council and Annual General Meetings of SAPH if the Council agrees. At such meetings as they may attend, they may speak if invited, but not vote.
15. Co-option. A Student member may be co-opted to the Council to represent and speak for the interests of Student members. Such a co-opted Student member may be delegated tasks similar to those performed by other members of the Council.
16. The Council may make exceptions to these rules.
TO APPLY for Student membership of SAPH, please download and complete the student application form and send it with the correct subscription (payable to Scottish Association of Professional Homoeopaths) to our Registrar. Registrar.